Monday, June 23, 2014

Training Update and Upcoming Race Schedule

I had a busy week with my daughter's graduation party this past weekend, which was perfect timing for a recovery week following the Rev3 Williamsburg 70.3. I had a good, relaxed week with a couple of 2000+ meter swims, a few easy 5 mile runs and a couple of 30 mile bike rides. On Friday morning's run and Saturday's  ride I still felt some fatigue but on the ride I did last night and this morning's 7 mile run I felt great so I believe I am fully recovered and ready to hit it hard again.

The plan is for  Steve and I to race an olympic distance tri this Sunday in Lake Milton. Right on the heels of that race we are doing the Bay Days 5 Mile road race on the 4th of July and another 5 mile race in Mentor at the Johnnycake Jog the following weekend. Those races will give us a little taste of speed as we build up the endurance for the 140.6. We also have a century ride coming up in mid July that sounds like a lot of fun as you stop at some of the local wineries and take back wine for the finish cookout.

We also added a new race to the schedule! After both racing well (but not as well for me as I had hoped) at Rev3 Williamsburg Steve and I discussed and decided to race the Challenge New Albany 70.3 race in late July. With it being a short drive and just a quick overnight it made sense for us versus IM Muncie or something else. I'm excited to race on a new course, which appears to be pretty flat and fast! I'd love to get a bigger PR this time around with some additional endurance behind me.

Following the recovery from New Albany we have a couple more weeks of hard training and then the taper for the 140.6 starts. My goal there is really just to finish in a reasonable time and get my first taste of this longer distance.






No comments:

Post a Comment